Gemma Arterton Biography

Posted by sitaresmi on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Gemma Arterton Biography



Date of Birth
12 January 1986, Gravesend, Kent, England, UK

Birth Name
Gemma Christina Arterton

Height
5' 7" (1.70 m)

Gemma Arterton Biography


Gemma was born and raised in Gravesend, Kent, UK. She was born with additional fingers, that affects one kid in an exceedingly thousand. Gemma had surgery to correct this condition, called polydactyly.

Her oldsters divorced when she was age five, and thus Gemma lived together with her younger sister and her mother. Her father could be a welder and her mother a cleaner. They inspired their kids to explore their inventive talents. Gemma's sister, Hannah, liked to sing, whereas Gemma selected acting.

During her teenage years, she was a part of the Masquerade and Miskin theater corporations, showing in productions of The Massacre of Civitella and Guiding Star. In 2004, she won a reward for Best Supporting Actress, that helped her to win a grant to check at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA).

Whilst learning at RADA, she landed her initial skilled role in Capturing Mary (2007) (TV), directed by Stephen Poliakoff and starring Maggie Smith. Gemma graduated from RADA in 2007 and won her initial film role in St. Trinian's (2007). Her breakthrough role came in 2008, when she appeared within the James Bond film Quantum of Solace (2008). In 2009, she was the winner of Empire's Best Newcomer Award.

Spouse
Stefano Catelli     (6 June 2010 - present)

Trade Mark



Her distinctive speaking voice

Trivia

Graduated from RADA in 2007.

Raised by one mother.

She contains a younger sister known as Hannah (b. 1989).

She was born with a crumpled ear, that was surgically corrected when she was a toddler.

Featured in Empire Magazine's "The Hot List" in concert of the most important upcoming stars within the 2010's. others on the list were Channing Tatum, Zoe Saldana, Marion Cotillard, Mia Wasikowska and Clash of the Titans (2010) co-star Sam Worthington.

Were filming her last scene for A Deal could be a Deal (2008) when she was told, she had won the half in Quantum of Solace (2008).

Her favorite label is Louis Vuitton.

Beat out 1500 different actresses for her role in Quantum of Solace (2008).

The first scene she shot for Quantum of Solace (2008) was the love scene with Daniel Craig.

Clash of the Titans (1981) was one in all her childhood favorites, and although the script was terribly completely different from the first, she was desirous to star within the remake.

Was in thought for the role of Natasha Rushman/Black Widow in Iron Man two (2010) once Emily Blunt dropped out of the project, however Scarlett Johansson was forged instead.

Replaced Natalie Portman as Catherine Earnshaw in Wuthering Heights (2011), however later dropped out of the project. Kaya Scodelario was then forged instead.

Is an obsessive supporter of Charlton Athletic soccer Club.

During her time as a student at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London she worked as a make-up salesgirl.

Her oldsters are Barry Arterton, an architect, and Sally Heap, a cleaner.

Announced her engagement to stuntman and body double Stefano Catelli, having been in an exceedingly relationship with him since March 2009 (6 July 2009).

Was in an exceedingly relationship with stuntman Eduardo Ivan Munoz, having met him on the set of Prince of Persia: The Sands of your time (2010) (June-December 2008).

Her grandmother Helen Sarfas (b. 1939) was tragically killed at her home in Kent once being stabbed within the chest with a knife (8 January 2010).

Was in thought for the role of Eliza Doolittle in My honest girl (????) once Keira Knightley dropped out of the project, however Carey Mulligan was forged instead.

Beat Sienna Miller to the role of Kelly Jones in St. Trinian's (2007).

Married Stefano Catelli in an exceedingly secret hilltop ceremony within the village of Zuheros in Spain before family and shut friends. Arterton wore a cream-colored robe and held a bouquet of white roses (6 June 2010).

Was in thought for the role of Selina Kyle/Catwoman within the Dark Knight Rises (2012), however Anne Hathaway was forged instead.

Personal Quotes


The minute anyone says, 'Oh my God! you are thus amazing!' I simply need to go, 'Shut up! Please!' i'm traditional. I even have only one rule - don't think the hype!

[on the set of Prince of Persia: The Sands of your time (2010)]: When [director Mike Newell] initial met me for the film he said, 'Oh dear. cannot you are doing posh?' i believed, 'I cannot believe he is asked me that!' thus I said (firmly, through gritted teeth), 'Of course I will, I visited the Royal Academy of Dramatic F***ing Art!'

As soon as I say, 'I cannot depart in that dress, I've already worn it before!' my dad can say, 'Listen to yourself! Stop being stupid!'

On creating The Disappearance of Alice Creed (2009): I needed one thing that was obtaining down and dirty, and extremely not regarding how you look. I needed to be, like, f***ing hair and make-up everywhere, simply not giving a f***! And yes, i buy involved, beaten, and there is nudity. All the items that created individuals go, 'You mustn't do this!' however I place my foot down.

When you place yourself in these huge popcorn movies you get out there, within the public arena, quite anyone else. however that additionally implies that you are out there to be criticised quite anyone else. With Keira Knightley, she's brave to try to to her play. Because, for a few reason, if you are successful in Britain, individuals tend to not such as you. however if you are a successful girl, and exquisite, in Britain, you are even additional disliked.

On one in all the [2009] movies, i'd simply done this massive comedy scene, and every one they said was, 'You have to be compelled to work on your arms!' Hey, when you have had twelve fingers, everything else appearance OK from here. And I said, 'But what regarding the acting?' and that they said, 'Don't worry regarding the acting, worry regarding your arms!' I simply needed to mention, 'Screw you all! i might rather do a play!'

I'd love the sort of career Rachel Weisz has. I even have lots of respect for her: sensible, intelligent, a witty kind of girl... You know, she'll do a rom-com - not that I ever need to try to to a rom-com - however then she'll explode and do The Constant Gardener (2005), have a family, and live a quite traditional life, it seems. I respect that.

[on pressure from studio executives on Prince of Persia: The Sands of your time (2010)] They sent me to a private trainer, needed to induce my teeth done, hair extensions, create me seem like someone else. and that is fine I had the tan, I had the hair, I visited the gym. I became the issue they needed me to be for the half. however i do not consider what they suppose is gorgeous as a result of it is not me. Unless you are extremely famous and successful then they are going to bully you into progressing to the gym. it is a aspect of the trade that I notice uncomfortable.

In comparison to several actresses i believe i am extremely average - once I got the Bond film Quantum of Solace (2008) there was this massive hoo-ha regarding me not being hot enough, I even have to mention I agree - i do not suppose i am in that realm.

Sometimes it's onerous to form action and journey movies real, as a result of clearly you have got limitations with the writing. In Clash of the Titans (2010), I even have this line: "I imagine you're sympathetic to the current plight." I walked around [on set] going: "Are *you* sympathetic to the plight...?" [laughs] you have got to figure yourself up to it, alittle like Shakespeare - you actually need to *believe* your character says that. within the Disappearance of Alice Creed (2009) i am shouting, "F*** off, you c***!" lots. it absolutely was nice. I will imagine myself saying that more!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment